Packing Light

I have always been an overpacker. Ensuring I would be prepared for anything from a night on the town or a dip in the lake, I would take tremendously sized suitcases, looking akin to Joe Banks in Joe Versus the Volcano.

During my last several road trips, however, I've been reducing my luggage and what I bring to not only travel lighter, but actually feel lighter. There's something about just grabbing and going that gives way to a sense of freedom and excitement of the adventure. I find myself feeling a greater connection to the wild blue and a fresh mentality of blissful spontaneity.

Therefore, I plan on reducing myself to a carry-on for my time abroad. Believe me, at first I found it an impossible thought. How do you manage beauty? After mining Pinterest and receiving an overwhelming response from dear friends and family, I'd love to share what I'll be placing in my sole toiletry bag, outside TSA's regulated 3-1-1 zip-top.

I'm traveling with my West Elm bag, something that packs far more than it looks, which I love. Whatever you choose, be sure it has a water-resistant lining. This makes clean up a snap when your blusher decides to spruce up the place.

In the bag:
Clarifying facial wipes
Facial cleansing bar
Solid shampoo & conditioner (I use Lush products; this frees up insane room in your 3-1-1)
Hair ties & pins

Toothbrush
Trial size floss
Comb
Nail file & buffer bar (leaves your nails buffed and polished & is a serious cult favorite)
Disposable razors
Anti-perspirant

Bandages
Tweezers

Limited makeup palette of:
Bronzer
Neutral eye color & liner
Lip balm

So much more planned for next week! I would LOVE to know your must-brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top